Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Fun Theory

Okay, this is pretty ingenious in its simplicity. Like, it's kind of blowing my mind. The idea is that making things fun entirely changes peoples' attitudes... which, that in itself seems like an obvious statement. Yes, I would much prefer to enjoy doing something than not. BUT, they apply that to real life with social experiments. In one case, they changed stairs into a musical piano to see if people would switch to taking the stairs rather than taking the escalator. It really is smart. Like, if I saw a stairwell was a giant piano that made music, obviously I would at least try to walk up the stairs that one time instead of the boring ol' escalator.



They also had a contest for the fun theory, and the guy that won had the idea of a speed limit lottery. A speed detector gives speeders a citation, and that money goes into a pot that is awarded to a randomly selected person that had followed the speed limit! I mean, come on, if you had the choice, you would definitely drive slower for the chance of winning cash money, rather than pay up for fines! WINNING IS FUN!!!!



There are a few more videos on their website of other fun theory experiments. Def go check them out... it makes me want to think of a fun theory experiment. I mean, It really is kind of a simple solution to a lot of everyday problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment