Sunday, April 24, 2011

My Favorite Youtube Cover Artists

One of my procrastination tools is surfing youtube for acoustic covers. I usually search for my favorite Coldplay song, "The Scientist," but for some reason end up with artists that cover Katy Perry and Lady Gaga, and surprisingly force me to actually like their versions of plastic bags and ra ra roma ma's. Yes, I know it's blasphemous that I hate both of the most recent female superstars of the past 3 years, but that's another blog post for another day.

This is my boy, Brad Doggett, one youtube sensation that I've been following for like more than 3 years. He covers everything from Lil Wayne to Phoenix. If you read his youtube comments, a large number of them are girls that are obsessed with his hair... I can't deny that I covet his tresses, but that's kind of why people love Robert Pattinson, besides the fact that he has the best jawline + 5 o'clock shadow I've seen in my entire life. And speaking of impending fame, Brad's about to appear on The Voice! Catch a glimpse of his face around the 6 minute mark.



My other fave youtube singer is someone I just found a few months ago. Jayme Dee can make almost anything sound soulful! Also the fact that she is a blonde bombshell and can play guitar are all points in my book. She sometimes links free mp3's to her covers, which is convenient/awesome. I already have her versions of Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah" and Adele's "Rolling Deep" in my iTunes library. I think she mostly tours on the West Coast, but if you check out her Facebook fan page, she has some gigs listed.



Since I am about to graduate with no job prospects/certain future endeavors/i have absolutely no plans and am pooping my pants thinking about it, maybe I should just become a youtube talent agent (like Usher... he discovered Justin Bieber, right? That's all Usher is known for, right?). I mean, I def have the resources to make random people famous...

No comments:

Post a Comment