Monday, April 25, 2011

Emma Watson for "Pure Threads" Alberta Ferretti

Emma Watson is an ecofreak and has created another earth conscious line, this time with Alberta Ferretti. Quite the step up from People Tree, I see. My first major name brand purchase that I made with my own hard earned money was a pair of fuchsia velvet Alberta Ferretti flats that were on sale at a New Orleans boutique I used to be a salesgirl at when I was 17 years old. Yep, I spent my entire paycheck. So I will always have a soft spot for Alberta.

I commend Miss Watson for her efforts in creating an environmentally aware society, but my main problem with this is the same as it was with her People Tree line - apparently only rich people can be ecologically fashion forward. Okay, yeah, I know that this is Alberta Ferretti, and her target audience here was obviously the upper tier of sophistication, so I had bigger beef with People Tree because it was way overpriced for its Urban Outfitters type demographic. However... another puzzling factor here is that there seems to be only like, 5 pieces. And they're all boring white or black cotton. No offense, but if I am going to fork out $670, its definitely going to be a pair of black leather Chrsitian Louboutin heels, rather than the plain white blouse that I'm pretty sure I've seen at Anthropologie. They may be made by tiny Malaysian children, but you are really forcing my hand here, Emma.



I wasn't joking when I said this cost $670:



And I'm not joking when I say this is $1,010:



And I'm not joking when I say there are only 3 more pieces in the line: A black peasant dress ($1,080), a long white skirt ($880), and jean shorts (these actually aren't even for sale on the Alberta website so.......). WHAT? Actually, right now as I incredulously write this blog post, I'm browsing the actual Albert Ferretti online shoppe, and there are nice ass purses on here for like $800... if I was going to dish out cash for AB, then WHY would I buy this Pure Threads shit?

2 comments:

  1. okay, yes, but come on! You cannot deny that this pure threads collections is some bullshit

    ReplyDelete