Sunday, February 27, 2011

I Am a Brand Snob

Okay, so I had some vintage ray-bans but they broke because I'm a fool and don't take care of my stuff properly. I am, of course, a poor college student living meagerly off my parents' good will (read: mooching) and attempted to be a frugal recessionista by buying cheap frames, inspired by high fashion styles, instead of paying for a new pair of expensive name brand sunglasses. Do you know what happened? Well, I bought a pair of round sunglasses that were channeling the Chanel trend, and they were actually quite nice looking glasses. But me, being the huge snob that I am, never ever wore them and instead drove and walked around with the blinding sun in my eyes. I didn't do it consciously, I just never WANTED to put them on. Then I saw these babies:



Chloé Tilia glasses for sale at IDEELI, the discount designer website, not much different form Gilt Group or Rue La La, and sadly, all sites of which I am a member of. How could I pass up Cholé sunglasses?! I couldn't, obviously, because Chloé rarely goes on sale, and I hold this brand up on a high pedestal just below Hèrmes. I don't know, maybe I didn't wear those cheap sunglasses because they weren't name brand... or maybe I should've chosen a style that wasn't inspired by Chanel (since I consider Chanel over exposed, almost like Gucci). Whatever it is, it's in the past and so are my days of walking outside squinting my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment