Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Why do parents LOVE chain e-mail?

It's so annoying that I get at least 4 emails from each my mother and father (90% of the time in vietnamese with english translation in parentheses so its a real pain in the ass to read when I choose to do so) each day. Sometimes about gang initiations at Wal-mart, or eggs on windshields, or exploding car chargers, or Obama being Muslim, or the Neighborhood newsletter (but only when there's a robbery or break-in, just so my mom can continue to say "This city is not safe anymore!" as her parting words to me every single time I leave the house even in broad daylight). But this time, it was an actually pretty interesting e-mail about VW's seemingly unrealisticly fuel efficient car. The e-mail read as follows (little bit of cut and paste action):

$600 Dollar Car by VW
Volkswagen's $600 car gets 258 mpg -- It looks like Ford, Chrysler and GM missed the boat again!

Will be selling for 4000 yuan, equivalent to US$ 600..
Gas tank capacity = 1.7 gallons
Speed = at 74.6 Miles/hour
Fuel efficiency = 258 miles/gallon
Travel distance with a full tank = 404 miles



I am obviously skeptical as I tried to google this shit up and although things did pop up, I couldn't find any legit news reports- don't you think this would be on the news somewhere? Maybe not front page, but god, seriouswheels.com? That's the best PR this baby can get? Hell, I'd love to buy this car, but IS IT REAL? STUPID CHAIN MAIL!




SRSLY WTH

No comments:

Post a Comment