Friday, March 5, 2010

Kickback flashback boy you needa tictac

I recently have been on a nostalgic trip back into the mid 90s when quality kidz cable was a basic right and not a privilege. What is this bullshitmama now on tv? I mean, don't get me wrong, I'll tune into a half hour or so of Wizards of Waverly Place (don't judge, I just can't resist Selena Gomez) but what happened to the great dry humor of Rocko's and the endearing naiveté of Doug Funny? Take a trip back to 1995:






LOL who came UP with this?




still scary.


I don't want to flood you with a barrage of the 90s because I could literally go on forever, but seriously -- Bug Juice, Hey Dude, Flash Forward (uh, tucker and becca anyone?), Alex Mack, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, AHHHH! Real Monsters, Bug Juice, All That-- I MEAN COME ON YOU CAN'T TELL ME SHOWS ARE BETTER NOW. Not just kids programming, let's think about this, seriously.... Friends, Seinfeld? Even shows that weren't made in the 90s but were still being broadcasted were better then than they are now. Nick at Nite used to ACTUALLY broadcast shows that were not from 2 years ago, like The Brady Bunch, Happy Days, Diff'rent Strokes, Facts of Life... it's depressing to turn on the tv and be forced to watch Miley Cyrus.

No comments:

Post a Comment